TO APPLY: Click on the Apply For Job button, fill out the application PDF, and email it with your resume (if applicable) to email@example.com. Tatman’s Towing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Receives all initial incoming service requests and other calls; determines correct routing of calls; determines appropriate towing service needs and dispatches to tow operators; assists in the disposition of and processes lien documentation for unclaimed vehicles; serves as primary customer telephone and office contact, escorting customers into vehicle storage area when necessary.
- The reason we’re in business is because of the customer. We must meet and exceed their expectations.
- Improve organization in the workplace both physically, digitally and mentally.
- Optimize efficiency by always looking for a better way of doing it.
- Control risk management by doing things right the first time and reducing rework.
- Improve communication with clear concise methods to both internal and external customers.
- Answers all incoming calls as quickly as possible and at least by the 3rd ring.
- Conveys a cheerful and competent attitude to all callers.
- Accurately routes all incoming calls to appropriate destination.
- Accurately records all pertinent information according to systems in use.
- Dispatches towing and emergency road service calls to tow operators in the most efficient and timely manner possible.
- Escorts vehicle owners to their vehicles in the storage facility and oversees the removal of any personal property, ensuring that those seeking to redeem their vehicle from storage or their personal effects from vehicles present the required documents and authorization to do so.
- Demonstrates good organization and reliability in all aspects of job.
- Applies knowledge of towing functions to maximize efficiency between dispatcher and tow operator.
- Establishes and maintains accurate inventory of stored vehicles.
- Initiates timely possessory lien processes on all unclaimed vehicles in accordance with governing laws and regulations, keeping Company owner apprised as to status of all unclaimed vehicles and ensuring that appropriate charges are assessed on the invoice of such vehicles.
- Serves as a primary link between customer and Company, conveying a professional customer service ethic and philosophy at all times.
- Help promote the sales of services and products.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Clear, pleasant, intelligent verbal skills. legible writing and reading skills.
- Strong multi-tasking ability for coordinating location of tow operators with pending service calls.
- Knowledge of function and capacity of all equipment dispatched.
- Knowledge of appropriate assignment of equipment to vehicle being towed.
- Strong organizational skill.
- Computer experience; keyboarding at 30 wpm.
- Basic math skill.
- Strong knowledge of geographic area served; Map reading ability.
- Ability to operate all necessary office machines including double sided copying, scanners, fax machines, multiple software solutions and computers.
- Business/ office professional conduct.
Human Relation Skills
- Professional appearance and posture
- Positive and cheerful attitude
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Outstanding communication/ rapport building skills.
- Internal customer service ethic.
- Demonstrated value of customer service in Company’s success.
Working conditions are representative of those which must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individual with disability to perform essential functions, Variations in conditions may occur under certain circumstances.
- Approximately 75% of job time is spent indoors within a standard office environment.
- Employee may work near moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level in the work environment in moderate to high
- Office is heated and air conditioned, although periodically extreme temps (-20̊ F to 100̊ F) might be experienced in storage lot.
- Frequently sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stand and walk short distances, grasp with hands and fingers and lift up to 15 pounds
- Occasionally bend, twist, push, pull, climb, squat, reach above shoulders.
- Continuously use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, controls; see (including close, distance, peripheral vision and depth perception); and the ability to adjust focus; hear and speak; key (e.g., in the use of computer, calculator, telephone).